Tax Free Shopping This Weekend in Myrtle Beach!
By Ocean Creek on July 27, 2008 10:06 PM | Permalink
With all of the great malls, outlets and specialty stops in Myrtle Beach, we thought that our area already was a shopper's paradise. Well this weekend Myrtle Beach takes shopping to another level as South Carolina will be holding its annual Tax Free Days beginning on Friday morning, August 1 and lasting through Sunday night, August 3.
With gas prices stabilizing (even going down a few cents at some area stations!), this weekend is a perfect time to take care of school clothes and supplies for the kids, a new family computer and even that pair of shoes that you've had your eye on!
A general list of tax-exempt items includes:
- Clothing and footwear.
- Clothing accessories including hats, scarves, hosiery, and handbags.
- School supplies including pens, pencils, paper, binders, notebooks, books, bookbags, lunchboxes, and calculators.
- Computers, printers and printer supplies, and computer software.
- Bath wash clothes, blankets, bed spreads, bed linens, sheet sets, comforter sets, bath towels, shower curtains, bath rugs and mats, pillows, and pillow cases.
Items not tax-exempt includes:
- Jewelry, cosmetics, eyewear, wallets and watches.
- Layway or similar deferred payment and delivery.
- Rental of clothing or footwear.
- Sale or lease of an item for use in a trade or business.
For the full list of items included and excluded in the sale, Click Here to visit the South Carolina Department of Revenue page.