Best Places for Live Music in Myrtle Beach
Summertime in Myrtle Beach offers a plethora of activities... Golfing, taking many beach trips, shopping, dining out, and –of course-finding the best live music hot spots. The Grand Strand area is home to a wide variety of live music venues and it won’t be hard to find the perfect event, whether you are seeking a family friendly outing or you left the kids at home and are looking for adult friendly entertainment. Check out our list of the best live music venues in the Myrtle Beach area and let us know what you think:
North Myrtle Beach
• House of Blues – This exciting venue boasts bringing a variety of national and regional artists to Myrtle Beach. In addition to live music, The House of Blues attracts nationally recognized comedians and entertainers and hosts themed events and fundraisers throughout the year.
• Harold’s On The Ocean – With great ocean views and fantastic casual grub, Harold’s is a North Myrtle Beach favorite. They offer free live music and karaoke throughout the week that keeps people coming back for more!
• Barefoot Landing – Located along the picturesque Intracoastal Waterway, Barefoot Landing is home to the Alabama Theater, an award winning theater that hosts a variety of shows and guest concerts throughout the year. ONE The New Show is the summer’s biggest hit and kids get in for free!
• The Boathouse – Known for being the “biggest backyard in town” and for their famous “Sunday Funday” parties, The Boathouse is one of the hottest spots in Myrtle Beach. They offer free concerts Friday nights and Sunday afternoons paired with great food and drinks.
• The Bowery - The Bowery has a distinctive country feel and is home to the local super group “Alabama”, who still makes several appearances throughout the year. The worn wooden walls, friendly staff, and close proximity to the ocean make The Bowery a visitor favorite!
• Broadway at The Beach – This one stop shop for dining, shopping, and entertainment is also home to a variety of live music options. Broadway at The Beach boasts favorites like Hardrock Café, Senor Frogs, and Jimmy Buffet’s Margaritaville – to name a few. The Palace Theater also calls Broadway at The Beach home and their new show, “Hot Jersey Nights”, is quickly becoming another visitor favorite.
The “South End”
• Marsh Walk – With 8 unique restaurants all situated on the inlet, the Marsh Walk is variety at its finest. All of the restaurants are connected by an inlet front boardwalk, making it easy to bar hop and enjoy the oceanfront views.
• Pawley’s Island Tavern – Pawley’s Island Tavern (or just “The PIT” as the locals call it) has been a Pawley’s Island tradition for over ten years. Their casual atmosphere and outdoor bar and music area are a favorite amongst locals and visitors alike.
• Nosh – Nestled in the picturesque Hammock Shops, Nosh offers a slightly upscale vibe in a gorgeous location. Bands here play every weekend in the open pavilion in front of the restaurant, leaving plenty of room for dancing the night away!
• Music on Main – Head to downtown North Myrtle Beach for the Music on Main concert series. This series highlights a variety of local and regional artists in a family friendly setting and is free to all who attend!
• Garden City Pier – The Pier at Garden City Beach is hosting free live music every single night this summer! Head to the pier from 8:30-11:00 to hear casual bands, take in the view, and perhaps enjoy a bite to eat at the pier café.
• Myrtle Beach Boardwalk – The newly renovated Myrtle Beach Boardwalk offers a fun, family oriented atmosphere through their “Hot Summer Nights” program. They feature a Kids’ Carnival, street performers, open air concerts, and fireworks over the ocean throughout the week.
Did your favorite live music spot make the list? Where do you always go for live music while you are on vacation? Let us know!